Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-01.txt

My comment about Traffic Selector Payload...

..basic idea is acceptable, if it is also understood that it specifies
the values for the negotiated SAs (into SAD). It has nothing to
do with the policy selectors in SPD.

However, I cannot find a way to specify information concerning both
source and destination (ports and addresses). This required.

To clarify, and example, I can have a policy selector

  remote-port = 25 -> "protection suite"

The "protection suite" could be

1) all connections the same host use the same SA's (sharing), then the
   traffic selector payload will need contain following info

   protocol ID = TCP
   remote-start-port = 25
   remote-end-port = 25
   local-start-port = 0
   local-start-port = 65535

   I suppose I don't need to specify any addresses in this case, as
   they are implicit from the phase 1. Unless either or both host is
   multihomed, and SA's are to be limited to specific addresses.

2) each connection will have own SA's, traffic selector will be

   protocol ID = TCP
   remote-start-port = 25
   remote-end-port = 25
   local-start-port = 'x'
   local-end-port = 'x'

   where 'x' is the local port chosen for the particular connection.

Another example: I want all TCP connections to a specified destination
to be protected, e.g. policy selector

   protocol = TCP, dest='d' -> "require own SA for each connection"

the traffic selector will be

   protocol ID = TCP
   remote-start-port = 'x'
   remote-end-port = 'x'
   local-start-port = 'y'
   local-end-port = 'y'
   dest-address = 'd'

where 'x' and 'y' the ports chosen for the particular TCP
connection. If I want to share the same SA with all TCP, then traffic
selector becomes

   protocol ID = TCP
   remote-start-port = 0
   remote-end-port =  65535
   local-start-port = 0
   local-end-port = 65535
   dest-address = 'd'

Note, that the *SPD policy selector* doesn't change! WHat does change
in policy, is the SA requirements.