RE: Choosing between IKEv2 and JFK

I wasn't making a performance argument.

If you send two different levels of QoS through the same Sa, you
replay counter/window will likely march ahead with the higher priority
traffic, causing all lower priority traffic to be dropped.

The solution is a separate counter for the different levels of QoS,
i.e. separate SA's. Hence the need for multiple SA's for the same
'user' or 'peer'. Hence a need for 2 phases.

Again: From a 'client' perspective, the number of Sa's, even if on the
order or 60, should be fine. it's an an aggregator this this becomes
an issue.

If you want authentication of the voice traffic itself, that's best
handled by a different layer and end-to-end (most likely.. I'm no
voice, rtp, rtcp, etc expert).

The point is purely on of replay counters. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

jan

 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847