RE: Addresses in traffic selectors in IKEv2

I agree with this. There are lots of little pitfalls that I have seen when
dealing with subnets:

e.g. does 192.168.10.0/24 == 192.168.10.30/24? Not if you use memcmp.

What happens if someone receives a QM1 containing subnets and the peer
returns a QM2 containing ranges?

We would have liked to implement QM using only ranges, but we were forced to
convert to subnets whenever possible because some of the other IPsec
implementations aren't (or at least weren't at the time) able to handle
ranges.

There is no advantage to having multiple types in this case, so we should
ditch the less generic ones.

Andrew
There are no rules, only regulations. Luckily,
history has shown that with time, hard work,
and lots of love, anyone can be a technocrat.