Re: Choosing between IKEv2 and JFK

  I respectfully disagree with statement "both protocols are resistant
to DoS attacks based on computational loading." Because JFK does not
bind the authenticator blob to the initiator it is susceptible to a
varient of Simpson's "cookie jar" attack. IKEv2 is not because its
"stateless cookie" is bound to the initiator.

  It would be trivial to fix this problem but I guess the authors do
not intend on fixing it since I first brought it up during the SLC IETF
with the -00.txt version of JFK and it was not fixed in the -01.txt
version.

  This is a significant difference between the two.

  Dan.

On Wed, 06 Mar 2002 16:59:47 PST you wrote