RE: 10 years and no ubiquitous security

  Dennis> Hello Mr. Simpson, I am not quite sure what was the point of
  Dennis> your "10 year" memo, but it was entertaining.  You may have
  Dennis> had some valuable information for us but it was sidetracked
  Dennis> swerving into and over Steve Kent. ...

Well said.

It is conceivable that W.A.Simpson has created useful technical
contributions in the past.  Then again, I don't remember any in IPsec,
at least not in many years.  And if he desired to destroy utterly
whatever credibility he may have left, that note was certainly a good
way to achieve it.

It may or may not be true that "Today, IPSec has insignificant
deployment".  If true, it's not clear why.  Certainly Simpson gives no
clue that he might have an opinion on what the reason might be.  (I
have my own opinions, based on the observation that in 40 years only
one protocol has made significant inroads, by offering a partial
solution packaged with web browsers.)

I know people working to make IP security ubiquitous.  Simpson is not
one of them.  I'll go back to listening to people who are actually
contributing things of merit.

      paul