Remove private-use values from IKEv2

Private-use values for payloads, attributes, and so on lead to lack
of interoperability and are not needed. The only time private-use
numbers should be used is for limited testing experimental changes to
IKE, but such testing can just as easily be done using vendor-id
payloads. For example, a message with a particular vendor ID payload
could mean "ignore the encryption algorithm specified in the SA
payload and use WhizzyAlg-128 instead."

The IETF has a long history of problems with private-use anything.
Because implementations often get out of the laboratory, there are
often value clashes. Worse yet, there often demands that, because so
many people are using private value xyz to mean the abc feature, we
should not give abc a regular value when it becomes an RFC, we should
keep using xyz (or at least say in the RFC that xyz is equivalent to
the new number).

Real testing of new algorithms (as compared to the more common "early
implementation") is rare, and when it happens, it is quite easy to
control with vendor ID payloads.

Note that, if private-use payload types are forbidden, there is no
longer any use for the critical bit. In that case, the critical bit
should be removed from IKEv2 in order to make the protocol simpler.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium