Re: pre-shared key v RSA encryption or RSA signature authentication modes

"Prof. Ahmed A. A. Adas" wrote:
> As a researcher in cryptosystems and protocols, I would say that RSA-sig IKE
> is much more powerful unless someone is using quantum computing attacks,
> which are not feasible in the near future.

It is comparing apples with oranges.  The conclusion appears
incorrect,
and way too generalizing [without due justification].

Please explain - based on what is, say 2048-bit RSA-sig stronger than,
say 256-bit key-based AES-XCBC-MAC signature? What is your criteria?
What attacks are you considering? What is your model?
--
Regards,
Uri