Re: pre-shared key v RSA encryption or RSA signature authentication modes

Derek,

Is the limited entropy of the shared secret due to the fact that
it is simply a hash of a password?  If so, then perhaps the current
simplistic shared-secret key protocol is not such a good fit for these
common shared-secret password applications.

-- David