RE: opportunistic (was RE: Don't remove TS from IKEv2)

comments inline.

Ok. It's my misunderstanding.

> > It also has blackhole problem
> > when data traffic is initiated from server side.
>
> Why?  Please explain.  The protocol is symmetrical; there is
> no "client"
> or "server" distinction made.

If initiator's policy is <any> from/to <10.0.0.0/24>  and responder's policy
is <any> from/to <10.0.0.0/16>.  IKE will succeed but traffic from 10.0.1.1
(behind responder) will be dropped.

> > The other problem is, under client server scenario, usually
> server is
> > protecting more valuable information so it has stricter SPD
> than clients.
>
> How is this relevant?  Opportunistic encryption is intended to protect
> communication that now goes out in cleartext; it is *not* just another
> kind of VPN.  There is no particular trust relationship
> between the two ends,

I see.  It's a different problem domain.