From: SatishK Amara [mailto:kumar_amara@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 5:02 PM
To: andrew.krywaniuk@alcatel.com
Subject: RE: SKEYSEED in IKEv2

Andrew,

       Please find the attachment for 3GPP2 Wireless IP Standard. The standard proposes a method to dynamically configure preshared keys and use key-id to identify the preshared key. The preshared key will be changed freqently and so key-id ....

Satish

  Andrew Krywaniuk <andrew.krywaniuk@alcatel.com> wrote:

Satish,

The reason for not using a fixed key-id is that the key-id then becomes an
"identity equivalent". So once the attacker figures out that
u234352934=kumar_amara@yahoo.com, he can find out when you are logging on no
matter what IP you use.

Andrew
There are no rules, only regulations. Luckily,
history has shown that with time, hard work,
and lots of love, anyone can be a technocrat.