RE: Move TS to optional (RE: Don't remove TS from IKEv2)

I think it worth noting that there is considerable pressure to not
make the ESP header any larger. Good engineering practice suggests
that if additional signaling info is needed only infrequently,
relative to the vast majority of traffic sent on an SA, then it makes
more sense to perform the signalling in a fashion that does not
increase the size of the header for the vast majority of the traffic,
and that does not add additional processing burden (e.g., examination
of any part of the packet) for that vast majority.  The ESP header
has no spare bits available for signalling; it consists of only the
the SPI and the sequence number. Adding info to the trailer would
violate the second of my suggestions above, re additional
examination. I'd suggest we think in terms of additional phase 2
exchanges in SOI.

Steve