RE: User interface ciphersuites for IKEv2

Howdy,

	I agree with Paul's point about having a 'simple'
choice-already-made set of cipher suites. But I would add one tempering
note.

	We have an expectation that 'recomended' cipher suites may
change over time. New actions from inventors, standards bodies or
certification bodies may lend credence to new crypto tools not
considered at the time of 2nd Generation IKE (looking for a neutral term
there) standardization. New cryptanalysis developments may take credence
away from crypto tools which were highly regarded at the time of 2nd
Generation IKE standardization.

	About 2 years ago (I think at Washington DC, or perhaps
Adelaide) there was a discussion on this very topic at SAAG where there
was a well received suggestion about how to handle a documentation
process which could track this dynamism. Who remembers what that
suggestion was in particular, and isn't it about time we start doing
something like that?

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

 Ricky Charlet     : rcharlet@sonciwall.com   : usa (408) 962-8711