RE: Is TS agreement necessary?

I am sure it is important in most cases. But in cases where you trust the peer, (like between branch offices), it should be good enough if the packet is authenticated. Am I compromising security here?

> > > As an aside, can you tell us why wildcard TS values do not
> > > satisfy your
> > > requirements in the same way that omitting TS values would?
> > >

> > 0.0.0.0/0 is used to mean "allow tunnel traffic only".
> Something like
> > "allow all traffic from tunnel" will be useful. A tunnel
> without selectors
> > can be used for that.
>
> Maybe I'm misunderstanding. What is the distinction between these two
> cases? I would interpret the 0.0.0.0/0 selector to mean
> "permit any/all
> traffic in this tunnel". By "allow all traffic from tunnel",
> do you mean
> to imply that you'd like to reference a particular tunnel in
> some other
> policy rule?

Maybe it a implementation issue. Excuse me if I misinterpreted the RFC completely. When a packet comes through a tunnel, then there is no issue with 0.0.0.0/0. However, for a packet coming in clear, we will first check if it is part of some VPN. If it is, then we have to drop the packet. If I have 0.0.0.0/0 for this tunnel, then all traffic will match it which means we will not allow clear traffic at all.

Thanks
-Rajesh M