Help on implementing IPSec

Hello Sir,

Subject: Help on implementing IPSec

We are a batch of 4 students doing a project on IPSec
for Linux, this is an initiative which is taken as a
part of the 4 years engineering course. We have gone
through the following RFC's - 2401, 2408, 2409. But we
have come across a particular problem whose solution
it seems is very difficult to find. We hope you can
help us out or refer us to a person who can help us.

We require verification on the following questions.

Q. What is the encoding format for the IKE/ISAKMP?
(Binary or Text, if binary is it DER/BER/CER/PER, if
text is it BNF/HBNF, or anything else)

Q. Please verify this information whether the port
number is 500, and are we using UDP as transport
protocol for the IPSec.

Q. What kind of a Socket Interface are we using, is it
PF_INET or AF_INET or PF_KEY, please specify if
anything else is used.

We would really be obliged to receive any kind of help
from you because we have absolutely no guidance on
this concept right here.

Thanking You,

Yours sincerely
Pramod, Manjunath, Deepak, Venkat