Re: IPsec IANA registry

At 3:11 PM -0400 4/10/02, Henry Spencer wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Paul Hoffman / VPNC wrote:
>>  In group (c), there are a bunch of EC numbers from now-expired
>>  Internet Drafts that are expected to be re-issued and probably move
>>  to RFC. Also in group (c), Marcus Leech reserved values for AES and
>>  SHA-2 on the assumption that Internet Drafts and RFCs would follow...
>
>There is also the infamous group 5, although we can hope that it will
>"go straight" with draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-modp-groups-04.txt or some
>immediate descendant thereof.

No, the "infamous group 5" was removed from the proposed registry
because it had erroneously been listed as part of an RFC. There is no
5 listed there.

And, yes, it would be grand if we could move some of the Internet
Drafts that are fully baked and simply getting moldy to RFC status.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium