Re: [Design] Nortel Contivity VPN client and 3rd party IPsec

| From: Martin Gadbois <martin.gadbois@colubris.com>
| To: ipsec@lists.tislabs.com, design@lists.freeswan.org
| Subject: [Design] Nortel Contivity VPN client and 3rd party IPsec

| I would like to know what is required to use the Nortel Contivity
| VPN client with a 3rd party IPsec gateway.
| I noticed that the Contivity client uses part of
| http://www.globecom.net/ietf/draft/draft-mamros-pskeyext-00.html as the
| KEY_ID, but the HASH_R value that the gateware return is not accepted by
| the client (AUTHENTICATION_FAILURE)

Did you compute the pre-shared secret as prf(passphrase, username)?
This is what that long-dead-draft specifies.  (I have no idea if there
is something else that descended from this draft.)

Hugh Redelmeier
hugh@mimosa.com  voice: +1 416 482-8253