cisco router + os/2

Is there a way to make a VPN between Cisco 4000 Series Router and a OS/2 workstation with IBM TCP/IP 4.3?
I'd like to use MD5 protocol to authentication and 3DES to encryption.

To configure the workstation side, I have to know the keys clear and write it into a file, for the first communication; but for the router, a simple text-plain word is enough, just like in Kerberos, which generates a DES key from a password, a realm and a name.

Could someone make all of this clearer for me? The point is, how do I put the same authentication key in both sides?

Best Regards

Paulo Faleiros