RE: data origin authentication

Hello All,

(As you all might guess, I am quite new to this stuff).

See my question(s) below

If you don't really need to authenticate the header to obtain data origin
authentication, why does AH (rfc 2402) authenticates also the IP header,
and not only the IP payload?

Anyway, thanks for answering all my (stupid?) questions.

Greetings,

Stefan.