Re:

I am a co-author of the paper you mentioned. I feel that the subject
of Secure QoS (or QoS security) is not very related to the core
interest of the IPsec working group. (maybe more related to DiffServ.)
In the ArQos project (http://arqos.csc.ncsu.edu), we are concerning
attackers stealing the bandwidth, one way or the other (i.e, via
control plane or data plane). Publications can be found there.

However, DoS concern for IKE (or IKEv2 and JFK) might be relevent
for this working group as many messages have been posted here lately.

-Felix

Dong wrote:

> Roy,
>
> I just read a paper "Preventing Denial of Service Attacks on Quality of Service", which is written by some guys from N.C. State university and UC Davis. The service quality to legimative users could be degraded by attacks on control flow or data flow. For example, an illegal user can forge a reservation message, so he can receive an unauthorized amount of resources. I just wanna to know what threats exist in providing QoS, and what the state-of-art techniques to prevent, detect and counter those attacks, and of course recovery mothods as well.
>
> Thx a lot.
>
> Dong
>
> Dong,
> Please be a little more precise in what you are asking for, i.e.
>
> 3-5 bullet list items on what kind of security you seek.
>
> Roy

Dr. S. (Shyhtsun) Felix Wu                           wu@cs.ucdavis.edu
Associate Professor                      http://www.cs.ucdavis.edu/~wu
Computer Science Department                     office: 1-530-754-7070
University of California at Davis               fax:    1-530-752-4767