Re: Specification of tunnel/transport attribute in IKEv2

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Markku Savela wrote:

> > From: Jan Vilhuber <vilhuber@cisco.com>
> >
> > Sure sounds like an administrative nightmare (as well as wasted
> > bandwidth) to me, when we could simply do it via negotiation in an
> > automated fashion.
>
> I assume you must be referring to the policy maintenance, because
> there is nothing "administrative" in my proposed "policy mismatch
> notification".
>
> As to policy, you *cannot* negotiate it automaticly.

Maybe, but in the interest of maintaining a properly functioning
network and being able to troubleshoot it (and interoperate between
vendors), this negotiation is somewhat important (critical in my
mind).

Yea... we COULD configure everything manually. Good luck.

jan

 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847

http://www.eff.org/cafe