Re: ipsec to secure rsvp

S. Felix Wu writes:
 > Therefore, (according to my old/dusty memory), Fred Baker's proposal
 > to secure RSVP is based on a key table and key ID to allow the next
 > hop trusted RSVP router to authenticate (HMAC fashion) the message
 > without prior seesion-key exchange.

   Right. There are two competing goals going on with
   RSVP in this respect: router alert as a discovery
   mechanism, and security desires which need to know
   the how to key the next hop integrity object. I
   don't really see how you reconcile that unless you
   have group keys on your integrity objects which
   makes me a little queasy.

	    Mike