RE: addresses and IKEv2

> Note, that only first of those packets is valid, all others fail the
> replay check, and are discarded, thus the callback would be called
> only once for all those replayed packet.

Well, maybe, assuming you have anti-replay protection on and you have
implemented it in the manner suggested by the RFC (there are other
reasonable ways of doing it that are not RFC compliant).

But even so, when you receive a valid IPsec packet from a bogus IP, what are
you supposed to do? The RFC says that you must not update the receive window
until you have integrity-checked the packet. This appears to be a valid
packet with a spoofed IP. If it is really spoofed then we may receive a
duplicate packet with a valid IP at some point. So what is the best course
of action?

a) Discard the packet and update the receive window.
b) Process the packet as if it came from the original IP and update the
receive window.
c) Discard the packet and don't update the receive window.

I'm assuming that this is a transport mode packet, so the outer IP does
matter.

Andrew
There are no rules, only regulations. Luckily,
history has shown that with time, hard work,
and lots of love, anyone can be a technocrat.