Re: Son of IKE: A proposal for moving forward

Uri Blumenthal writes:
 > On Wednesday 12 June 2002 13:40, Michael Thomas wrote:
 > > You get a self-fulfilling prophecy if your idea of
 > > "practical applicability" == "VPN".
 >
 > My idea of "practical applicability" is "it must support VPN".
 >
 > Not "equal" but "includes".
 >
 > And if your idea of applicabilty excludes VPN, we are not on the same
 > page.

   Indeed, maybe we're not. I'll point out that TLS
   doesn't support VPN's either, but seems to have
   quite a bit of applicability even with its
   impoverished feature set. TLS's biggest weakness
   is that it doesn't work with connectionless
   transports. IPsec does, of course. This is why
   I wonder if there isn't two different problem
   spaces.

		Mike