Introduction to the IPSEC SOI feature questions

As Barbara and I wrote last week, what we're going to try do is to start
sending out approximately 3 questions each day, in an attempt to start
discussion, and hopefully give the necessary input to the design team
consisting of people from the JFK and IKE teams.

If we were following the strict waterfall design methodology, we would
wait until the ipsec-son-of-ike-protocol-reqts requirements document
were done.  However, comments on the requirements document have been
minimal.  Part of that may be that people were not necessarily clear on
what the tradeoffs/costs of the various scenarios were.

So, we're going to try an iterative approach.  We will start by asking
design various questions drawn from the soi-features-00 document.
Ideally, folks should answer these questions based on the scenarios
listed in the son-of-ike-protocol-reqts-00 document.

If you believe that some scenario is missing from that document, please
go into detail about what the requirements of that scenario, and why
it's important.  On the other hand, if you believe that some scenario
should not be considered important (and hence why the answer to some
design question is "no"), please explain why you believe that.

Hence, it may be that by trying to answer these design questions, we'll
be able to get a better handle on the true requirements that we have for
son-of-ike.

							- Ted