RE: history and why does IKE need a successor

Howdy,

> I remain convinced that we would have avoided all these problems and
> finished a lot sooner had we simply proceeded with the
> original IKEv2 draft
> (circa 1999). As I remember it, people had already started
> implementing it
> at some of the later bakeoffs. We might not have had the
> compact, 3-in-1
> superdraft, but we could still have solved all the same
> problems with the
> protocol without the 3 year delay.
>
> Andrew

Wow, I missed the son-of-ike work in my history. That was pretty blind of me. Sorry Dan.

And if that effort to simplify IKE had moved quickly, I agree that we would not have had such a cost-of-redeployment issue to contend with today.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

 Ricky Charlet     : rcharlet@sonciwall.com   : usa (408) 962-8711