Re: SOI QUESTIONS: 2.3 Authentication styles

Hi Steve,

Can you please elaborate on what access control features IPsec provides.

I think we discussed the access control features of IPsec not very long
ago in this forum, and decided that we acknowledge that IPsec doesn't
provide much of any access control features.

    thanks,
    chinna

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Stephen Kent wrote:

> At 11:16 AM -0700 6/19/02, Chinna N.R. Pellacuru wrote:
> >There was no technical reason given for rejecting L2TP+IPsec as a remote
> >access security solution in this working group.
> >
> >I wonder if there is any technical reason for requesting adding remote
> >access functionality to SOI now.
> >
> >     thanks,
> >     chinna
> >

> Chinna,
>
> Could you confirm that later RFCs from the L2TP WG have imposed
> constraints on L2TP devices that add back the access control features
> of IPsec that are lost due to the way that L2TP uses IPsec?  If so,
> can you provide the RFC # (s) of the document(s)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

__
chinna narasimha reddy pellacuru
"Moral Clarity: Def. When you do it, it is moral relativism, when I do it,
it is the repudiation of moral equivalence."