Re: SOI QUESTIONS: 2.3 Authentication styles

At 3:49 PM -0700 6/19/02, Chinna N.R. Pellacuru wrote:
>Hi Steve,
>
>Can you please elaborate on what access control features IPsec provides.
>
>I think we discussed the access control features of IPsec not very long
>ago in this forum, and decided that we acknowledge that IPsec doesn't
>provide much of any access control features.
>
>     thanks,
>     chinna

You dismissed the value of having IPsec enforce static packet
filtering firewall rules on traffic, but I don't consider your
position on this to be representative of the WG's consensus. There
were a number of rebuttals of your position from multiple, regular
contributors to the list to suggest that your position was in the
minority.

So, my question still stands. if you're uncertain about the features
in question, look at 2401, especially sections 4.4 and 5.

Steve