RE: SOI QUESTIONS: 2.1 Identity protection questions?

> > 2.1.D.)  Does SOI need to provide protection against active
> > attacks for the responder?
> NO
>
> Note that this has implications for re-keying: the responder may
> not be able to initiate re-keying if that implies re-authenticating.
> I know some gateway vendors for some reason wish to do that.

Without a responder lifetime notify or some kind of negotiated lifetimes,
you can't control who rekeys first.

Andrew
There are no rules, only regulations. Luckily,
history has shown that with time, hard work,
and lots of love, anyone can be a technocrat.