Re: SOI QUESTIONS: 2.5 Plausible denaibility

At 1:03 PM -0400 6/20/02, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
>Please discuss and answer this question.....  (for more discussion and a
>clear definition of "plausible denaibility", please see section 2.5 of
>the soi-features I-D).
>
>2.5)  Plausible denaibility
>
>2.5.A) Does SOI need to provide "plausible deniability" (the opposite
>of "non-repudiation") for the initiator?
>

>2.5.B) Does SOI need to provide "plausible deniability" (the opposite
>of "non-repudiation") for the responder?

IPsec has never advertised NR as a service, and the only issue here
is whether signed authentication could be used to "prove" that a
connection was established between two parties. I don't think it
worthwhile to focus significant design effort, or to add complexity
to SOI to support this "feature."

Steve