RE: SOI QUESTIONS: 2.3 Authentication styles

You are correct about XAUTH, but I was not suggesting XAUTH be used with
IKEv2.  What a legacy auth mechanism would permit is a SGW implementation
with a local definition of a PW similar in appearance to a shared secret.
While not being the same as a shared-secret it is likely similar enough for
vendors to use if they have customers requiring a human-readable secret be
distributed to many users/peers.

Darren