Re: SOI QUESTIONS: 2.6 Formal proofs of security

I would like to see a good analysis of the protocol done. That's
valuable.

'Proofs' don't convince me personally, and could conceivably mislead
the uninitiated. As Andrew pointed out, a proof finds only the
problems you're looking for. Maybe I'm just not enough of a
cryptographer or academic to be convinced of the value of the proofs
in security... I'd rather see a protocol analysis.

jan

 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847

http://www.eff.org/cafe