Re: SOI QUESTION: 4.4 SA deletion

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> Please discuss and answer this question:
>
> 4.4 SA deletion
>
> 4.4.A) Both JFK and IKEv2 provide SA deletion.

I disagree. IKEv2 provides deletion. JFK provides a kludge
(negotiate the same SA with some artifical flag).

>  The functionality
> provided is roughly identical.  Does anyone care about how low-level
> implementation details of IKEv2 and JFK?

Yes, I do in so far as it affects the SA management channel debate.

jan

 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847

http://www.eff.org/cafe