RE: new version of ESP ID

> A question was posed to the working group (6/17) as to whether to
> change the SA demuxing values to allow use of the Source IP address
> for source-specific multicast protocols. There has been no feedback
> so far so no changes were made.

I spoke with the original poster (who also works at Alcatel). It doesn't
appear that the use of the source IP as a selector would affect normal IPsec
operation, since you only need to apply the rule when you are doing SSM and
when you are doing SSM you will know which addresses are unicast and which
are SSM. Therefore, this sounds like a question for the MSec WG.

Andrew
There are no rules, only regulations. Luckily,
history has shown that with time, hard work,
and lots of love, anyone can be a technocrat.