Re: new version of ESP ID

Mark and Steve,
    I agree that if only one sender is authorized than that sender should be
indicated in the SA as policy that must be adhered to.  This should not cause
one to disallow multiple senders sharing an SA.  The policy rule must be
flexible enough to allow an entity, a list, a rule, a wildcard, etc. to cover
all multicast scenarios.  It would be a shame to break future advanced
multicast uses.
    I agree with Annalies that anti-replay is still a problem.  We all
acknowledged that several years ago in smug.  We also discussed the SPI
collision problem at that time.  The probability that two sender-specific SAs
would be assigned the same SPI in the same destination (multicast) address
space is rather slim.  Do you anticipate using different group keys for each of
those SAs?

--- Andrea