Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2402bis-01.txt

Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:
> This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.
>
> 	Title		: IP Authentication Header
> 	Author(s)	: S. Kent
> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2402bis-01.txt
> 	Pages		: 30
> 	Date		: 02-Jul-02

Hi, all,

To start the discussion off, we'd certainly appreciate having section
3.1.2 at least say "MUST use tunnel mode or its equivalent, i.e.,
transport over 2003-style IP encapsulation".

We have raised this issue before; details of why are in
draft-touch-ipsec-vpn-03.txt

(and we're hoping that 2401bis more directly addresses this issue).

Joe