Re: SOI QUESTION: 5.3 SPD entries

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> Please discuss and answer the following question:
>

> 5.3 SPD entries
>
> 5.3.A) Is it important in SOI to allow the the responder to accept a subset
> of the proposed SA, or should it be an all or nothing acceptance?

Yes. It'll help configuration simplicity.

> 5.3.B) Should the SOI offer multiple selectors with specific ports and
> addresses, or a single selector with a range of ports and range of
> addresses?  (complicated boolean complexity!)

We'll need a combination of both to be able to specify discontiguous
ranges of ports, which tends to happen with media broadcasts (h.323,
etc..).

jan

 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847

http://www.eff.org/cafe