Re: SOI QUESTION: 6.2 Port number

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> Please discuss and answer the following question:
>

> 6.2 Port number
>
> 6.2.A) Should SOI use the same port as IKEv1?  (See discussion in
> soi-features-01 the tradeoffs in this question).

I don't feel strongly, but it seems to me that it would make
incremental deployment much easier (clients that talk only v1 send v1
to the same port, and the server that talks v1 and v2 can do the
appropriate thing; the situation is a bit more complex when the
situation is reversed, but not onerously so).

jan

 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847

http://www.eff.org/cafe