Re: One base SOI ID? Humm

At 09:16 AM 7/19/2002 -0700, Paul Hoffman / VPNC wrote:
>At 8:16 PM -0700 7/18/02, Alex Alten wrote:
>>It sounds like the requirements were never really spec'd out.
>>Why not specify the top 10 requirements, and then run a test/
>>runoff/review of the two proposals.  The one that meets the 10
>>requirements the best should be the winner.
>
>Errrr, that is what the past many weeks of questions from the WG
>chairs was doing. If you were following it, you would have seen that
>there was no unanimity among the WG about what are the requirements.

Paul,

Forget my last email.

Are you saying that the WG is trying to set the requirements
*after* the two proposals have been presented already?

If so, no wonder there is no unanimity.  Each proposal's supporters
now have too much sweat, pride and ego at stake.

Hopefully it can be resolved quickly.  The last cat fight I was
involved with was security for SNMPv2.  I'm not eager to repeat
that bad experience.

Again, good luck.

- Alex

--