Re: SHA-256-128 Draft: Is this really required? Contradiction...

Russell:

I was making similar observations to Tim Polk from NIST last night.  I had
put him on the spot, but he could not come up with a reason to pursue this
draft at the time.  He agreed to ask other people at NIST why this draft is
needed.  Hopefully, someone from NIST will report the outcome of those
discussions on this list.

Russ