RE: Vendor Extensions

We use the vendor id payload, as does pretty much every other vendor that I
know of. Anyone who has implemented NAT traversal is using them, as it is
required by the spec. Without the vendor id, the situation would be much
worse, as there would be no means to smoothly transition to the
IANA-assigned numbers when they are available. We also use it to recognize
our own implemetations in the field and enable some proprietary extentions.

Andrew
There are no rules, only regulations. Luckily,
history has shown that with time, hard work,
and lots of love, anyone can be a technocrat.