RE: Two AES encryption modes?

This is the type of problem that named ciphersuites will solve. I've been
thinking a bit about the semantics of this, and I think we could come up
with a pretty good naming scheme of the form <organization> <common name>
<year>.

E.g.:

IETF-ipsec high security '02  (chosen by WG, published in an RFC)
US DoD FIPS standard '02   (chosen by a large customer, listed as a
requirement)
VPNC default '02   (chosen by a vendor consortium, published on their
website)
JoeBillyBob JBB's ciphersuite '02  (chosen by an individual, distributed to
his friends)

Andrew
There are no rules, only regulations. Luckily,
history has shown that with time, hard work,
and lots of love, anyone can be a technocrat.