RE: draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-ctr-00.txt

> We really need an elegant, simple, system solution that
> preserves the huge
> legacy infrastructure that rides on top of IPv4.  Design goal
> #1 should be
> no new bytes added into or inserted after the IPv4 header.

Blah, blah, blah. If there's one common thread to your posts, it seems to be
that you would have done a much better job of designing IPsec than anyone
else on this list. You might want to consider the fact that the biggest
incompatibility between IPsec and NAT is that ESP runs on its own IP
protocol instead of an assigned UDP port. That decision was no doubt
motivated by the desire to avoid adding any new bytes into or after the IPv4
header. Your rants have the superficial appeal of an opinion that has never
really been thought through.

Andrew
There are no rules, only regulations. Luckily,
history has shown that with time, hard work,
and lots of love, anyone can be a technocrat.