From: Barbara Fraser [mailto:byfraser@cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 2:07 PM
To: ipsec@lists.tislabs.com
Cc: tytso@mit.edu; byfraser@cisco.com
Subject: Son of Ike status

Hi,

Ted and I would like to update the working group on the status of the SOI
work. After listening to the working group and after discussions between
the JFK and IKEv2 teams, we will be moving forward
using  draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-02.txt as the starting document. An initial
modification to the document will be to integrate ideas from JFK's approach
of using 4 messages with a stateless cookie. Charlie Kaufman has agreed to
be the document editor, and all other authors will be given due credit
within the body of the document.

Over the next couple of weeks, we will summarize the discussion on the
mailing list over the past two months regarding SOI requirements to create
a proposed requirements and design directions document.  This will be sent
to the list for comment and ultimately be used to provide direction for the
SOI design effort.

We would like to thank all members of both the JFK and the IKEv2 teams, and
the members of the working group for the time and effort you have spent
helping us move forward with SOI. This direction has the agreement of both
the JFK and IKEv2 teams and also appears to represent the discussions
within the working group.

Best regards,
Barb and Ted