AES-CTR Initial Counter Block Value

draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-ctr-00.txt says:

       Block Counter
          The block counter field is the least significant 32 bits of the
          counter block.  The block counter begins with the value of
          zero, and it is incremented to generate subsequent portions of
          the key stream.  The block counter is a 32-bit big-Endian
          integer value.

I am interested in hardware that will implement AES-CTR and CCM (see
draft-housley-ccm-mode-00.txt).  I missed a detail in trying to preserve
compatibility, and while trying to generate test vectors for the -01 draft,
I discovered it.

I would like to begin the counter at one instead of zero.  CCM uses the
block with a zero counter value to encrypt the integrity check value.  The
proof was easier if the zero value was always used for this purpose.

Russ