Re: Last ditch proposal for crypto suites

 Radia> I remember in person, and at the mike at meetings, enough
 Radia> people arguing for a la carte that we didn't switch, but I
 Radia> don't remember who was arguing for it. I think the argument
 Radia> was that the number of suites defined tends to grow
 Radia> exponentially, especially with new vanity crypto algorithms, ...

That sounds like an *excellent* argument in favor of suites.

Based on previous experience, I can see an argument right now for at
most 3 mandatory suites (esp sha1 alone, sha1 with 3des, sha1 with
aes) and less than 10 optional ones (the above with md5 instead of
sha1, basically).  The "exponential" argument sounds like a red
herring.

     paul