Re: Last ditch proposal for crypto suites

The strong and nearly unanimous reaction to this question this time leads
me to make a more radical proposal:

I propose that we remove the text for a la carte negotiation from the IKEv2
spec, and escrow it in a bombproof vault somewhere in case future
generations want it, and replace it with the proposal from my last message
for specifying suites only. If we ever need a la carte, we
have a backwards compatible way to add it in, but in the meantime we won't
specify it. And if we're lucky, no one will ever miss it.

          --Charlie

Opinions expressed may not even by mine by the time you read them, and