Re: Last ditch proposal for crypto suites

On Friday 30 August 2002 00:24, Radia Perlman - Boston Center for
Networking wrote:
> >>	In the IKEv2 spec., transforms may have attributes (Sec. 7.3.2 and
> >>	Appendix A).  I was wondering about how that would work with
> >> suites in a proposal.
>
> All values of all attributes would be predefined in the definition of
> the suite. So for instance, the suite wouldn't be "AES" with an
> attribute of key size, but instead the suite would specity "AES with
> 128 bit keys".

Can an explicitly specified attribute override what's predefined in the
suite? Yes, no, it depends?

In some cases (like key size) it might be desirable... Administration
complexity - how high?
--
Regards,
Uri-David