Re: Last ditch proposal for crypto suites

In message <kjwuq8ntmj.fsf@romeo.rtfm.com>, Eric Rescorla writes:
>"The Purple Streak, Hilarie Orman" <ho@alum.mit.edu> writes:
>
>> I think the original argument against suites came from observing how
>> many SSL had.
>
>Indeed. I've got nothing against cipher suites but I'd like
>to see something in the document describing the procedure
>for registering new cipher suites. Not having such a procedure
>has been a substantial point of contention with TLS.

In fact, given that suites require IANA-administered code points, some
statement in the document is mandatory -- see RFC 2434 for a
description of how to write an "IANA Considerations" section.
In particular, see the example policies at the end of Section 3.

		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)