Re: draft-gupta-ospf-ospfv3-auth-01.txt

Finally I think that this way to secure ospfv3 can be applied to other
protocols that exchange both multicast and unicast packets. I mean that
for example we can do the same for RIPng. Just need to replace OSPF
protocol 89 with RIPng/UDP port 521.
The requirement is just on incoming path since destination address is
ignored, use static keys, and as Itojun said, SPD aware of link-local
scope. May be reserved SPI can be recommanded to facilate configuration.

Furthermore I beleive it works for NDP, as far as SPD selectors can
permit it (e.g. protocol ICMPv6, type=neighbor solicit). But the
scenario must support the assumption that hosts can share a key.

Regards,

Jean-Mickael

--

Jean-Mickael GUERIN