RE: Last Call: Securing Block Storage Protocols over IP to Proposed Standard

> They have many normative references to our work, including
> draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-ctr. There has been no discussion on this
> draft in a while; is it ready for WG last call?

I understand that the author of this AES CTR draft believes it to
be ready for WG Last Call.  I would ask that it be last called
promptly so as to avoid causing a draft hairball/logjam -- by Atlanta,
the ADs and IESG will likely have a dozen IP Storage (ips) WG drafts
that contain normative references to the AES CTR draft or dependencies
on drafts that have such references.  Four of these drafts (the
security draft that Paul mentioned, plus three Fibre Channel
encapsulation drafts) are currently in IETF Last Call.  If there
are any serious issues with AES CTR, we need to know about them
ASAP, so as to avoid holding things up.

Thanks,
--David (ips WG co-chair)
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
+1 (508) 293-7953 **NEW**     FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
black_david@emc.com        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754